Monday 20 January 2014

Gravity- opinions

I had mixed feelings before watching gravity, hearing about other people loving it or hating it. Personally it didn't strike me as a particularly interesting film as it was based around space. I was also dissapointed when I had realised that it was in 3D because most previous films I had seen in 3D concentrated on it and lacked in all the other aspects of the film, I also felt that it was not properly utilised. After watching Gravity I found it was the complete opposite of all these criticisms.

The first and most important aspect of the film is that it is incredibly easy to empathise with the characters and understand how they feel in the situation that they are in. The film uses isolation in many different ways, for example the fact that she has no contact with Earth or that she lost sight of her crew. It also shows this by having silence throughout the film,as there is no sound in space. The audience really gets to know what it is like to be in that position.

I was pleased to see that the 3D effects were used appropriately and allowed the viewers to immerse themselves in the film. The special effects were realistic and believable, this helps the veiwers to see the danger of the debris.

On what seemed to be a very limated setting, the film manages to make every scene unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment